Clive kids understand that they are growing up in a great community. The City offers the best of suburban life with the feel of a close-knit neighborhood. If you’re a Clive kid (or parent), read on and let us know if we missed something.
1. You blaze trails by bike.
Your bicycle trailer is already hooked up, ready for adventure on the paths of the Greenbelt Trail. The paved Greenbelt Trail meanders through 11 miles of Clive’s neighborhoods.
2. The library is your happy place.
You find artfully arranged munchkin-sized shelves stacked with copies of your favorite books, along with some new titles to discover, in the children’s section of the newly remodeled Clive Public Library.
3. You keep water toys in your stroller just in case you want to splash around.
The Clive Aquatic Center includes two large pools perfect for swimmers of all ages and abilities and includes a zero depth entry kiddie pool with slides, sprays and fountains.
4. You’ve attended Clive Fest every year you can remember.
A three-day festival, Clive Fest, is packed with activities for both kids and adults: live music, Mayor’s Bike Ride, Iowa’s Largest Slip and Slide, food, fun and fireworks.
5. You channel your inner Picasso at Glazed Expressions.
A DIY Art Studio, Glazed Expressions, offers pottery painting, glass fusing, candle making, birthday parties and more.
6. You are bi…
Bi-County and Bi-School District. Clive straddles two counties (Polk and Dallas) and two school districts (West Des Moines and Waukee).
7. Friday night is pizza night.
You love watching your pizza being made at RedRossa Pizza and getting gelato for dessert with your kid’s meal. Your mom loves getting a glass of wine.
8. You channel your inner superhero at Mayhem Comics.
Fans of comic books, trading cards and games of all types feel at home at Mayhem Comics in Clive. In addition to their great merchandise they also host weekly tabletop games and author meet and greets.
9. Your mom buys all of your birthday party decorations at Nobbies.
Nobbies is a party superstore. They have all the festive decorating supplies, favors and more that you need to make your next birthday party the talk of the playground.
10. When you’re traveling, you tell people you’re from Des Moines because it’s too hard to explain what “Clive” is.
What’s your quintessential Clive kid experience? Tell us in the comments below!