There’s plenty to love about exposing kids to yoga, from how it helps them build strength and flexibility to how it teaches them about the balance of body, mind and spirit. So, we’re loving the new book “Go Go Yoga for Kids: Yoga Lessons for Children” by local author Sara J. Weis!
Available now digitally on Amazon, this book was created with parents, teachers, counselors, and kid’s yoga instructors in mind. A great take away from the book is that yoga should always be encouraging and never, ever, intimidating. The instructions incorporate breathing, poses, games, story time and relaxation so that the whole family, especially kids, can enjoy the lifelong benefits of yoga.
To celebrate the launch of Go Go Yoga for Kids: Yoga Lessons for Children, you can get a digital copy now for only .99 until Thursday, January 18, 2018. Get it on Amazon now.
Go Go Yoga for Kids: Yoga Lessons for Children includes:
- Benefits of yoga for children
- Secrets to teaching yoga to children
- Breathing exercises that can help kids become calm and relaxed
- Over 150 fun and creative yoga games, activities, and challenges for all ages
- Kids yoga lesson planning guides and templates
- 35 ready-to-use unique yoga lesson plans that engage kids from the start
- The best yoga props and how to easily use them with children
- Ways to build mindfulness through meditation and mantras
- Yoga pose illustrations
- Suggestions of read-aloud books and ways to incorporate yoga and movement
- Quick and Easy No-Time-To-Plan Kids Yoga Lesson Plans
- Downloadable yoga bingo cards
- This book details everything in an easy-to-follow, step-by-step format that will help you successfully teach yoga to kids of all ages. Go Go Yoga for Kids: Yoga Lessons for Childrenis the resource you will need to inspire children in life-long healthy ways.
Get your copy from Amazon here.
About the Author: SARA J. WEIS is a creative and passionate teacher that has inspired children for over twenty years. In Go Go Yoga for Kids Sara has combined her experience as an elementary teacher and a certified kid and adult yoga instructor to introduce children to yoga in engaging and child-friendly ways. She is passionate about helping children receive the many mental and physical benefits yoga can provide them both now and throughout their lives. In addition, Sara is the bestselling author of Go Go Yoga for Kids: A Complete Guide to Using Yoga With Kids. She is also the creator of The Kids Yoga Challenge Pose Cards and the Kids Yoga 101: How to Teach Yoga to Kids online courses. She has also recently released the Kids Yoga Challenge App and has created two online kids yoga training courses.
Sara is a teacher for West Des Moines Schools and leads kids yoga classes for a nationally- known health and fitness club. She lives in West Des Moines with her husband, three children, and yoga pup, Rocky.
Do you practice yoga with your kids? Let us know in the Comments below.