Sleepaway camp can be a lot of fun, especially if you are prepared! Involve your child in the packing process and begin packing several weeks in advance to avoid last minute shopping trips. The camp may give you a list of things your child should bring, but here are some things to make sure you do not forget:
- Sunscreen and Insect Repellent
- Sports Equipment
- Water Bottle
- Pillow, Bedding and Towels
- Disposable Camera
- Notebook & pen/pencil
- Pre-addressed and stamped stationery/envelopes
- Flashlight & extra batteries
- Ziploc® bags and/or laundry bags for wet, dirty items
It is very important to put your child’s name on everything they take to camp. This way, if they lose something (you know they will), it can easily be returned to them.
Also, check the camp policy on bringing money and electronics.
What are your tips for packing for sleepaway camp?