Remember when winter break meant relaxing and sleeping in? Chances are if you have a little one, lounging around in your PJs isn’t always on the “to do” list. Luckily for Des Moines families, there’s plenty to do around town. So whether you have relatives visiting from out of town or you’re tired of hearing the constant whine of “I’m bored!,” grab the family and check out one of these awesome Des Moines activities.
25 Fun Things to Do in Des Moines over Winter Break
- Go ice skating at Brenton Skating Plaza.
- Visit a local museum for FREE.
- Get the wiggles out at an indoor playground.
- Ski, snowboard or snowtube at Seven Oaks Recreation. (Watch their Facebook page for their opening day.)
- Enjoy a spa day with a mani or pedi or a
blow outwith your minnie me.
- Indulge in some chocolatey goodness with a cup of hot chocolate.
- Go see the latest holiday blockbuster.
- View the holiday lights, before they’re switched off for the year.
- Cheer on the Iowa Energy.
- Sign the kids up for winter camp.
- Go swimming at an indoor pool.
- Take a tour of a local business or factory.
- Get in some cardio and go cross country skiing or snowshoeing.
- Take off on a high flying adventure.
- Attend a collegiate wrestling meet.
- Play some old school arcade games.
- Eat around the world at a local restaurant.
- Tour the World Food Prize Hall of Laureates.
- Explore the state capitol.
- Roll into some family fun at a skating rink.
- Put the pedal to the metal at MB2 raceway.
- Get some fresh air and go geocaching.
- Channel your inner artist at a pottery studio.
- Listen to live music at a local coffee shop.
- Tour the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library in West Branch.
Share the love in the comment section below and let us know how you keep your kids entertained during winter break.